Search and book
- On the website, choose a country and then a destination. Then choose from the available itineraries.
- Choose the number of participants, fill in your personal details and click on pay.
- Check your order and proceed through the payment process. After your payment, you will receive a confirmation email with a code to login to the City App Tour app.
- After your purchase, you will receive a booking confirmation via email. This mail contains the login details for the CityAppTour app, an explanation, validity, duration and length of the tour.
- Didn't receive a booking confirmation? Check your spam folder. There may be a slight delay in sending the mail, please try again later.
- Incorrect email address used when booking? Let us know via the contact page found at the bottom of this page.
Activation and validity
- The tour must be activated within 3 months, after this the code can no longer be used.
- Your tour is activated the moment you enter or scan the code in the app, not at the time of booking.
- From login, the tour is valid until 23:59 the next day. The user's time settings apply.
- The entire booking and payment process must be completed online through our website.
- Payment is made in your chosen currency. Please note that the available payment methods depend on the chosen currency.
- After purchase, there is no possibility to change or cancel the tour. Refund of the purchase amount is only possible in special circumstances as described in our terms and conditions.
Booking on a specific date is not necessary, and not possible. After all, there is no physical guide present.
After purchase, you have 3 months to choose your own time to activate the tour.
Length and duration
- Most walking tours are between 4 and 7 km long and, at an average walking pace, can be walked perfectly well within a few hours. However, the final duration depends greatly on the user.
Start time, start and end point
- The route has no fixed start time, start or end point, you decide where and when you want to start.
- The route forms a lap, if you walk the entire route you will end at your starting point.
- The tours and audio guides are available in 7 languages
- Dutch, English, German, French, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
- You choose a language when logging into the app.
Guide and map
- After logging in, you are welcomed by the virtual audio guide and given access to a detailed map that clearly shows the route with the points of interest.
- Using your phone's GPS function, you walk to any point on the route. Once there, the app indicates this and the audio guide will give you further explanation.
- From here you are free to choose your own direction and next point, every time you get close enough to a landmark a picture appears on the screen and you have the option to play the corresponding audio clip.
Good to know
- The app is free to download and can be found in the Google Playstore or Appstore under the name: CityAppTour.
- To save mobile data, you can download the app in advance via a wifi connection.
- Do not log in until the day of the walk.
I am experiencing problems with the app
- Please further note that company phones may block some apps or not be able to download CityAppTour's app for privacy reasons.
- If the CityAppTour app is not working properly, it is recommended to close the app. Make sure the app has been removed from your phone's tab view. Then restart the app and log in with the same credentials. The audio tour will continue at where you left off.
- If problems still occur, download the app on another phone and log in again. The audio tour will continue where you left off. This is also recommended when your phone's battery is dead.
Privacy and data
- The CityAppTour App needs your permission for location data.
- This can be changed at Settings Apps - CityAppTour - Permissions.
- Under location choose 'always' instead of 'only while using app'.
- When using City App Tour you agree to the use of your personal data as described in our terms and conditions.
- You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking 'Unsubscribe' at the bottom of the newsletter.